Frequently Asked Questions
1. I've never painted before. Can I take the Class?
Of course you can! All skill levels are welcome. We recommend taking the pre-sketched canvas option so you have a template to work from and it is sort of like paint by numbers!
2. Are all events only 21+?
Nope! This depends on the venue we host at. Please check the bar/restaurants age policy before purchasing a ticket for anyone who is under 21 years old.
3. Where do you host your classes?
We host classes all over the city of Chicago, the surrounding suburbs, and parts of Wisconsin.
4. Oh no! I can no longer attend the event. Can I get a refund on my ticket?
Unfortunately, we do not issue refunds on tickets. You can reschedule for another class by emailing Trina at email@example.com.
5. I want to host a public/private class for my rescue or bar/restaurant, how can I get that started?
We love working with local rescues and businesses! Please send all inquiries to Trina at
7. What does the ticket price cover?
The ticket price covers art materials, pre-sketching the canvas before class, time and labor of the instructors, and the donation to the selected rescue/shelter.
8. Do I have to drink at the event?
You do not have to drink alcohol (although it helps with the nerves!) at our events. However, you are required to purchase at least one drink or food item from the venue's menu.
9. Do you offer BYOB classes too?
Although this is rare, we work with a few party venues that offer BYOB. Most of the venues we work with are local bars and restaurants who offer a wide selection of refreshments and food on their menu. We offer BYOB classes as an option to private or corporate parties.
10. If I don’t want to paint a portrait of my pet myself, do you take commission work?
Yes I do! To see my available sizes and prices, click on "Commission A Pet Portrait!" from the Home page. Once you have picked your portrait size, email Trina at with your commission inquiry and photos of the pet(s).